The CGCSA-GFSI Global Markets Programme is based on the following GFSI objectives:
- To reduce food safety risks by delivering equivalence and convergence between effective food safety management systems, as outlined in the GFSI
- Guidance document;
- To manage cost in the global food system by eliminating redundancy and improving operational efficiency;
- To develop competencies and capacity building in food safety to create consistent and effective global food systems; and
- To provide a unique international stakeholder platform for collaboration, knowledge exchange and networking.
- This Programme has been developed to guide food suppliers in South Africa through the GFSI Global Markets Programme.
Since all the major retailers in South Africa recognize the Intermediate Level requirements as minimal safety assurance, it levels playing grounds around supplier assessments/audits;
- It provides a level of standardization; and
- Removes the burden for suppliers who are subjected to the associated costs of multiple audits against varying standards as demanded by buyers.
INITIATIVE LEADER AND KEY PLAYERS
This is an industry initiative by the six major retailers in South Africa.
The following is a list of Key players:
- Food Retailers:
- Shoprite Holdings Ltd;
- Pick n Pay;
- Massmart + Walmart;
- The Spar Group;
- Woolworths; and
- Fruit & Veg City
- The Assessment Providers/Certification Bodies
- Train the Trainer Providers
- Training Providers
- Food Suppliers
- The FSI Team
BENEFITS & WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Standardizes assessment environment
- As opportunity to interact with other players under the CGCSA-FSI auspices
HOW TO JOIN
Should you wish to get involved, please contact Linda Brink by mail on firstname.lastname@example.org