The vision of this initiative is to increase the safety of the Shopping Centre environment through the sharing of information and the implementation of Best Practices and Guidelines.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE INITIATIVE
- Reduce vulnerabilities and eliminate opportunities for violent crime at centres
- Identify and effectively implement joint preventative measures.
- Establish and implement appropriate governance structure
- Improve communication with all stakeholders
- Monitor the successes of the initiative through trend Analysis reports
- Sharing and optimising non-competitive information
- Accentuating the role of business in assisting with criminal prosecutions
- Engaging in joint operations and initiatives
- Improving communications with respect to violent crime
- Developing guidelines for dealing with identified risks
- Amavuso – Early warning systems
- Using information to identify risk and plan crime prevention