The Consumer Goods Council of South Africa is a membership organisation and by joining it and some of the programmes offered through its business units; members are afforded a range of benefits and services.
Benefits of Membership
By joining CCGSA members benefit by;
- Belonging to a network over 11 000 businesses in the retail, wholesale and manufacturing sector in South Africa and various service providers.
- Improving their business through training, seminars and workshops that are offered by CGCSA and designed to improve efficiencies across the supply chain.
- Participation in debate forums on legislative, economic and political matters that affect the industry
- Quality leadership for representation in various statutory bodies that regulate the industry.
- Interaction with suppliers, service provider and other players in the industry in efficiently resolving non-competitive matters in the industry.
Utilising research, ideas and position documents that are geared towards efficient, better and more profitable business practices.
- Other benefits are specific to business unit membership but generally, through the specific business units, members are able to:
- Apply global data and application standards for bar codes that use the globally recognised GS1 Identification Keys to automatically identify things such as trade items, locations, logistic units, and assets.
- Become part of an industry wide movement that works together to combat crime as well as participation in developing solutions to fight crime in their businesses.
- Synchronise their product data with that of their trading partners through the Product Data Catalogue, PDC.za, which facilitates the electronic exchange of product data with multiple retailers, manufacturers and suppliers. In particular, PDC.za is the sole means of listing products in future as it is supported by retailers.
- Benefit from the optimisation of the process of food auditing, so that resources can be redirected towards ensuring the continuous quality of the food produced. To this end, a basic food safety standard is being developed for the food industry.
Through an alert system for members, international and national alerts (both private and government) are communicated to industry, in order to assist industry in making correct and timely risk management decisions.
To join CCGSA use the forms below, by following these "CLICK HERE" links for membership of services offered through
GS1 South Africa - CLICK HERE for more
Product Data Catalog - CLICK HERE for more , and/or
Crime Prevention Programme - CLICK HERE for more.
CGIA (Consumer Goods Industry Affairs) - CLICK HERE for more.